At Orleans United Church we strive to care for others at every stage of life:
- Our church family WELCOMES CHILDREN of all ages with open arms in worship, Sunday School, and fellowship time, trying to teach and show Jesus’ love personally to each child.
- We RESPECT AND SUPPORT THE UNIQUE EXPRESSIONS OF OUR TEENS, helping them claim their faith as part of growing toward aduthood.
- We REACH OUT TO YOUNG PARENTS who are longing to find honest ways to give their children a positive experience of faith, and who recognize their own spiritual yearnings.
- We EMBRACE ADULTS OF ALL LIFESTYLES, FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES AND AGES, supporting and encouraging them to live their faith as fully as they can.
- We CARE FOR FOLKS WHO ARE MATURING PHYSICALLY AND SPIRITUALLY and offer them ever expanding alternatives to keep learning and growing in faith.
Hearts, heads, hands responsive to Jesus’ vision.
To empower faith journeys and model Jesus’ goodness through vibrant community.
to trust God, have confidence in God’s faithfulness,
and rely on God’s goodness as we grow in faith.
to live in meaningful relationships with other followers of Jesus
in a dynamic community of faith.
to grow into our God inspired identity
as individual believers and as a family of faith.
- To welcome everyone, celebrate diversity and recognize the Holy in all people.
- To rejoice in God’s love through meaningful and engaging worship
- To create a spiritual support-network that shares Christ’s compassion in words and actions.
- To learn and grow together as everyone moves along their faith journey.
- To generate soul-inspiring energy through enthusiastic and affirming involvement.
- To build and nurture community in our church, in our families, and in our neighbourhood.
- To serve God’s purpose in the worldby sharing our resources with others.
Based on the Seven Core Rocks of Faith on which OUC Is Built
- Worship – celebrating God’s love together with others who share our faith.
- Learning -nurturing each other’s spiritual growth and faith in God.
- Care – sharing God’s compassion with people through our prayers and actions.
- Outreach – encouraging each other to look beyond ourselves an embrace the needs of others.
- Resource – striving to use our church, our money and our people for good.