Watch Janice Eddy, Chair of the Care and Support Team (CST) describe the commitment, caring and compassionate individuals of the CST team, who, under the guidance of our ministers; are inspired to reach out to share God’s goodness in times of difficulties and celebration.
“… For I was hungry and you fed me, Thirsty and you gave me drink, was a stranger and you received me in your homes, naked and you clothed me. I was sick and you took care of me, in prison and you visited me …, whenever you did this for one of mine, you did it for me …”
The Care and Support Team is made up of OUC members specially trained to provide non-judgmental social, emotional and spiritual support to people in need during times of difficulty and celebration.
The Team’s objective is to focus on a ministry which attempts to make visible God’s presence in a meaningful and tangible way.
All communication with the Care and Support Team is handled in a confidential manner.
All meetings and activities are conducted in accordance with the current provincial legislation related to ethics.
The team works within the framework of Orleans United Church alongside and with the support of the Ministers, who attend CST meetings.
The Care and Support Team works in a number of ways as follows:
- Visits: Home, Hospital, Long Term Care facilities, Retirement Homes
- Cards and Telephone Calls: Celebratory cards, condolence cards, supportive calls during illness, etc.
- Caring Casseroles: Casseroles provided by members of the Caring Casserole Team for those who would appreciate a meal during difficult times.
- Comforting Bears: Comforting Bears provided to members of the congregation who could use a hug from time to time.
- Caring while grieving through loss: (of loved one, job, relationship, health)
- Care and Support Alcove: Care and Support Alcove is in the Foyer. A member of the team is available after Sunday Worship Service.
- Prayer: A Prayer Box is available in the Care and Support Alcove. See information on Prayer chain on the back of the brochure.
- Funeral: Welcome family and visitors
- Congretional: Weekly Bulletin Inserts, Coffee and Muffins, Annual Bazaar
- Special Worship Services
“I will love You, O LORD, my strength. the LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horm of my salvation, my stronghold.”
- Responsive – Crisis Care
- Supportive – Ongoing and attentive congregational and outreach care
- Nuturing – Activities aimed at personal growth and support of co-team members
Compassion, knowledge, sensitivity, discretion, teamwork and a sincere desire to reach out to others with the ability to listen actively without judgement and without a personal agenda.
See the CST Team for a list of additional external resources for specific needs such as: counseling, grief, addiction, illness, seniors assistance, community care, health clinics, cultural centers and others.
Meet The Members:
From Left to right: Bette Blore; Anne Castricum; Andrea Fisher; Catherine Hodgins; Judith Tompkins;Rev. Caroline Penhale; Denise Connors; MaryLou Robillard (Chair)Missing from picture: Anne Beedell; Bonnie Lawrence, Jill Parkinson, Pierre Pelletier, Bev Arnott,Dorothy Gray, Ken Bickley Mary Moore.
The Care and Support Team can be contacted by any of the following means:
Church Office Ministry Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directly thru email at: email@example.com
Prayers Chain: firstname.lastname@example.org
(CST supports OUC’s Prayer Chain which cares for our congregation through a ministry of “praying for others.”)
Care and Support Team Alcove in the church foyer after every church service. Look for the Bear